Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard again...

Blizzard #1 left us without power for four days... I am very grateful for my friends down the road who took us in day 2 'til we got our power back. We got to enjoy the snow & then get back into a warm, heated home with abundance of food, laughter & lots of reconnecting time. By day 4 I was going bonkers though. I woke up and tried to ground myself with my practice, which helped for most of the day, but my heart was not wholeheartedly in it. So, finally today (with blizzard #2 pounding outside) having slept in my bed, showered, cleaned up refrigerator & freezer, and cooked for the day, I once again rolled out my mat in front of the fireplace. With a few candles & incense as ambience I went through a beautiful and deep hip practice. My hips were screaming of happiness, having stored up a bunch of emotions and as we say in yoga "the issues are in the tissues". Once in pigeon, I could feel all the stress that had piled up pour out my hips. So amazingly delicious! My heart was once again smiling! I ended todays practice with a beautiful chant that made my whole body vibrate in exhilaration:)
Lokha Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu
Om Shanti
(May all beings everywhere be happy and free. Peace.)

Peace to you. Peace to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment